As I’m sure you all already know today is the start of the Sephora sale for VIB members! I wanted to share a rundown of all my go to products as well as a few things I have my eye on to try out.
The first section of this post features my tried and true make up products. These are the items that I use every time I do my make up. The second section of this post features my favorite skin & hair care products that I’m currently using and love. The last section is a round up of the items I’m thinking of buying during the sale to try out!
1. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream: This is my go to foundation for every day make up and I don’t think I will ever use anything else! It’s so light but gives amazing coverage with a slightly dewy finish. It’s one of the only foundations I’ve found that also stays put all day. If you haven’t tried this out yet it is a must!
2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: I absolutely love this foundation as well but it is pricey so I use this for things like date night and formal events. Its also amazingly light weight while giving great coverage but not something I feel is necessary to use every day given the price.
3. BareMinerals Canceler: I’m going to get a little repetitive here but this concealer is also great coverage but super light weight. I use it to cover up some redness on my chin and as an under eye concealer for dark spots.
4. TOO Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: I’ve used this mascara for years and haven’t found anything that comes close to it. It gives me full, long dark lashes and doesn’t get clumpy!
5. Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner: This is another product I’ve used for years and can’t go without. There are several different brands that carry a very similar product but this Stilla liquid eyeliner is my favorite and it lasts a pretty long time.
6. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick: This is a godsend, especially during the winter months to help give my face a little more color. While it’s called a “shimmer brick” its really not as shimmery as it seems. It just gives you a beautiful glow. I use this on my cheeks under my blush and sometimes around my forehead and jaw line. This is something I put on every day over my It cosmetics CC Cream. It’s another product that lasts a long time so it’s worth the buy.
7. Nars Blush in color “orgasm”: If you haven’t tried this blush yet, it’s a must! This is probably one of the most “famous” make up products in the world. It’s the perfect shade of blush and looks great on anyone! This is my daily go to that I put on top of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer brick.
8. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder: I actually haven’t used this in a while and it’s something I only use when I’m going to an event or need my make up to stay put all day but I like having it on hand to finish off my make up and help it stay put.
9. Nudestix Cheek + Lip Balm in color “Posh”: I got this recommendation from The Luxlet and am so obsessed with this brand. I really like the color I got but I’m dying to try out others. It’s like a lip crayon with a bit of a gloss to it that gives you a perfect dewy lip without having to layer lipgloss on top – it’s also not too sticky.
10. Fresh Sugar Lip Balm: This is my daily go to lip balm – I have several colors and keep them in all my purses, at my desk, etc. I use them more for lip hydration than for lip color but that’s an added bonus! These are so great subtle everyday color.
11. Charlotte Tibury Lipstick in color “Pillow Talk”: This is the lipstick I wore on our wedding day and it is considered one of (if not the) most popular lip colors in the world . It’s a really nice, neutral/slightly pink color that can be used for everyday plus I love Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks in general they are super smooth and they smell so good.
12. Marc Jacobs Lipstick in Color “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”: This is one of my favorite colors when I want a little extra punch but don’t want to go with a full blown red lip. Its more like a berry color and I always get so many compliments on it.
1. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – Ryan got me this for Christmas this year and I’m so impressed that he picked it out by himself because it has become one of my favorite skincare products. Its SO hydrating and smells amazing (lavender). I put it on right before bed and it instantly relaxes me. It feels like you just gave yourself a mini facial.
2. REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask: I don’t use this very often but when my skin is feeling a little dull this is my go to. It smells amazing and is a clean beauty product which is a huge plus. Overall it helps to even skin tone, brighten and firm. It’s a great boost a few days before a special occasion.
3. Peter Thomas Roth Niacinamide Discoloration Treatment: Ok guys, this stuff seriously works! I wrote a whole blog post about it here but to give you the short version it’s a cream that you put on every morning and evening and it helps to get rid of blemishes and dark spots. I saw such an amazing difference in my skin after just 3 weeks. You can see my before and after in the blog post I wrote a few months ago.
4. Drunk Elephant Babyfacial: This is another at home facial that I use every once in a while but it’s a lot more intense than the REN one. You can definitely feel it working its magic and the next morning I can see a visible difference in my skin tone and texture.
5. Sunday Riley U.F.O Acne Treatment Face Oil: Ryan and I call this “The Green Stuff” this is our saving grace whenever we see or feel a pimple popping up. I doesn’t get rid of it completely but it definitely helps to keep pimples from getting worse! It’s a bit pricey but if you use it as a spot treatment it lasts forever.
6. Dr. Dennis Gross at home peel: I used this at home peel before our wedding and it really helped with dark spots and clearing up active acne. I think I like the Peter Thomas Roth treatment better for dark spots but this definitely helps if you’re struggling with both skin discoloration and acne.
7. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance pads: I actually haven’t used these in a long time but I’m going to restock because I love them. I never feel like I can get all my make up off just by washing my face at night but these help to get that last layer off while exfoliating and brightening your skin!
8. Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo & Conditioner: I recently just switched back to this shampoo and conditioner after trying a few different kinds over the past year and NOTHING compares! This shampoo/conditioner is truly amazing. My hair is already growing so much faster and its crazy how long I can go between washes with this. If you’re trying to grow out your hair or just get healthier hair in general use this.
9. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: Speaking of going a long time between washes – this is my tried and true dry shampoo – it smells amazing (so Ryan says) and it always gives me at least one extra day between washes – after these past few weeks in quarantine I definitely need to restock on this!
10. Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine Cream: I use this after I blow dry my hair and it just helps to smooth out the ends and give my hair a little extra shine. My hair dresser recommended it to me and I love it. You only need a tiny bit so the bottle lasts forever!! I’ve had mine for over a year and still have a ton left.
11. Drybar Blowdryer: While I’d love to splurge on a Dyson hair dryer I do love my Drybar buttercup hair dryer. It works great and dries my hair really fast which is hard to do! If you don’t want to splurge on the Dyson this is a really great option!
1. Olehendriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme – I have been on the hunt for a great eye cream for the longest time! I saw that this is currently the top rated eye creme on Sephora so I think I’m going to give it a shot. I will definitely report back!
2. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Moisturizer: After loving the PTR Niacinamide Discoloration Treatment so much I’m intrigued to try other PTR products. This is another one of their top rated products and one of my girlfriends swears by it so I’m may try it out!
3. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Our new house is really dry so my lips have been so chapped lately. I’ve seen a lot of people raving about this and since I love their water face mask so much I’m definitely going to give this a shot.
4. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye: My current BareMinerals concealer works great for under-eyes but I’d love to have something that’s specifically meant to be used for under-eye darks spots and I’ve heard this one has a cult following.
5. Lash Food Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancer: I’d really love to work on my lashes while in quarantine but I’ve always been so nervous about what kind of ingredients are in all those lash serums. I’d really love to try this out because its one of the only clean options I’ve seen and seems to have great reviews!
6. Charlotte Tilbury Blush: This is another make up product that people seem to love and I’m a bit of a blush addict so I’m dying to try this out.
7. Slip Silk Pillow Case: I’ve been thinking about buying one of these for YEARS and have just never pulled the trigger. Silk pillow cases are supposed to be amazing for both your hair and skin. I feel like it’s time for me to finally try it out.
8. Olaplex Bonding Oil: I probably won’t buy this just yet since I still have so much of my other hair cream but this sounds like a great product and I’m very intrigued by Olaplex since it’s all I see people talk about these days when it comes to hair care!