It’s almost the weekend so I thought, what would be more fitting than sharing a cocktail recipe?! Since receiving this absolutely adorable Courtly Check bar tool set and Courtly Check cocktail shaker from MacKenzie-Childs, I’ve been experimenting with all different kinds of cocktail recipes. Last weekend, I was in charge of bringing a fun cocktail to my parents for a Memorial Day BBQ, so I tested out these Strawberry Margaritas on my parents and sisters and they were a huge hit!
I wanted to share this recipe and see if this is something you’d be interested in seeing more of on The Lovely Lo Down? I’ve also come up with some pretty great week night mock-tails too! Incorporating a “signature cocktail” into any event that you’re hosting is a simple way to take it to the next level and make it feel extra special. Having a fun and stylish barware set is key to making it easy to implement every time. I love the Courtly Check Mackenzie-Childs set because it’s stylish and fun but neutral enough to go with any theme and it looks great on any wet bar or bar cart. My strawberry margarita recipe is below and I’ve linked some of my favorite MacKenzie-Childs glassware and barware for you too!
Shop the post!
Courtly Check Ice Bucket // Courtly Check Bar Set // Courtly Check Cocktail Shaker // Courtly Check Compote
Similar dress here and here // Headband
Ingredients for one cocktail:
1/2 a lime’s worth of freshly squeezed lime juice
1 ounce triple sec
2 ounces tequila
1/2 cup strawberry sauce (see ingredients below)
1 lime wedge
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients ( 9 servings) :
I made the strawberry sauce in bulk ahead of time which I would recommend doing.
4 Cups Strawberries
3/4 Cup Simple Syrup
- Pull the stems off all the strawberries and add them to a blender along with the simple syrup. Set aside.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and all the liquid ingredients (also add Jalapeño if desired).
- Put the lid on tight and give the cocktail shaker a really good shake for about 20 seconds.
- Wet the rim of your glass with your lime wedge and dip the rim in salt.
- Add a handful of fresh ice to your glass
- Use your strainer when the cocktail into your glass.
- Top with your lime wedge.